With the Corporate Academy training becomes an instrument in support of competitive business strategies. Thanks to the Corporate Academy, corporate knowledge is valorised and its spread is promoted, with a focus on the specific skills needed for business growth. “And this is precisely the purpose of the Corporate Academy, allowing a cultural shift that invests across the company and deeply innovative strategies, environments and learning dynamics. At the base of the formation of the Corporate Academy, there must be a real change management process“. This introduction to the theme by Lorraine Patacchini, Project Manager of Amicucci Formazione, involved in many company Academy constitution projects. The Academy becomes the heart of the organisation: the by transforming itself, training transforms the company ecosystem. There are four steps to follow to start the process:
- ·Defining the positioning of the Academy
- Proceeding with the mapping of existing material
- Designing the enhancement of the educational heritage
- Starting digital innovation testing.
The role of trainers therefore changes, enriching their digital skills know-how that enable them to:
- Use the web to search for sources and content
- Organise and classify content in digital environments
- Involve the participants in the creation of digital content
- Evolve the classroom training towards digital training
- Manage communities for post-classroom training involvement
To take a leaf from the words of the GE Vice President we can say that “Creating an academy is a great opportunity. It is a statement made to employees on investment in talent by the company. It is a manifestation of the company’s ideals for excellence in leadership“. A practical workshop has allowed participants to outline the roles and responsibilities of resources in support of the faculty to define ideal reference profiles and identify any training courses required to support their growth. Franco Amicucci coordinated the workshop. A special thanks to the splendid staff of Sky and participants from the Inland Revenue, Allianz Bank Financial Advisor, Banca Sella, CFMT, Continental, Eni Corporate University, Ermenegildo Zegna, Generali Italia, Gruppo Concorde, Leroy Merlin, Mcdonald’s Development Italy, Miroglio, Piaggio & C and Vodafone.